Adult Open Division
AOD Workshops and Performance Opportunities
BBT @ San Francisco Movement Arts Festival
SF Movement Arts Festival: We, Human
Choreography by BBT Artistic Director Robert Dekkers
January 24, 2020
Performance Location: Grace Cathedral, 1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Register by: October 07, 2019
Enrollment is open to all Adult Open Division and Rhythm and Motion dancers at all levels (Introduction, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced). Dancers may enroll in either Schedule 1 or Schedule 2.
Cost: $300.00 (Tuition includes ten rehearsals, participation in the performance, and a costume fee)
Schedule: BBT has introduced minimum attendance requirements for participation in this performance based on Adult Open Division dancer feedback. BBT understands that all dancers have numerous demands on their time; please carefully consider this commitment before enrolling in the performance. Participating dancers are expected to prioritize their rehearsal and performance demands.
Mandatory Orientation for all dancers (Choose either date):
(0) 09/30/2019, Monday, 8:30pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(0) 10/04/2019, Friday, 11:45am-12:30pm, BBT Studios
Rehearsals, Schedule 1: Mondays, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios:
(1) 10/07/2019, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(2) 10/14/2019, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(3) 10/21/2019, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(4) 10/28/2019, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(5) 11/04/2019, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(6) 11/11/2019, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(7) 01/06/2020, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
(8) 01/13/2020, Monday, 8:15pm–9:15pm, BBT Studios
Rehearsals, Schedule 2: Fridays, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios:
(1) 10/11/2019, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(2) 10/18/2019, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(3) 10/25/2019, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(4) 11/01/2019, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(5) 11/08/2019, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(6) 11/15/2019, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(7) 01/10/2020, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
(8) 01/17/2020, Friday, 11:45am–12:45pm, BBT Studios
Mandatory Rehearsals for all dancers:
(9) Full call: 01/19/2020, Sunday, 2:00pm–4:00pm, BBT Studios
(10) Full call: 01/20/2020, Monday, 8:00pm–9:00pm, BBT Studios
(11) 01/24/2020, Friday, Call Time TBD, Grace Cathedral, 1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Orientation: If dancers are unable to attend either orientation, they may request a meeting, to be scheduled if necessary, after the first rehearsals (9:15pm on Monday, 10/07/2019; 12:45pm on Friday 10/11/2019).
Absences: Dancers are permitted up to two absences from their eight rehearsals. Dancers who miss three rehearsals will be removed from the piece without a refund. Dancers must attend both Mandatory Full Call Rehearsals. Dancers who miss either of these mandatory rehearsals will be removed from the piece without a refund.
Rehearsal Schedules: Dancers must commit to and enroll in either Schedule 1 (Mondays) or Schedule 2 (Fridays) Rehearsals. A dancer may however make up a missed rehearsal from their schedule in the other schedule. Dancers may not switch schedules after rehearsals have started. Dancers may elect to participate in both rehearsal schedules for an additional $150.00; all polices continue to apply to these dancers.
Refunds: There are no tuition refunds; please double-check your schedule before enrolling. In cases of injury, dancers will receive a prorated refund reflecting the tuition value of remaining rehearsals plus $75.00.
Work Exchange Program: Work Exchange credits and/or discounts will not be applied to this tuition.
Costumes: BBT Artistic Director Robert Dekkers will collect sizing details during the development of costuming. Costumes will belong to BBT after the performance.
Media Resources: Dancers will receive music before the first rehearsal for review. They will also receive rehearsal videos from time to time.
Roles / Parts: Dancers may not petition to change their part or role.
BBT Studio Rentals: Dancers will not be granted free studio time for additional rehearsals.
Performance Photography: BBT-specific photography or videography will not be available after the performance. SFMAF may book a photographer to shoot the performances, and this media may be made publicly available, but it will not be available through BBT. Per BBT's standard policies, dancers who wish to hire their own photographers must receive the BBT Artistic Director's consent and share any collected media with BBT.
SF Movement Arts Festival: Performers may attend SFMAF for free after their performance.
Enroll online for BBT workshops through MindBody today!
Sign into your MindBody account (or set up a new dancer account with your name and email address).
Select the “Enrollments” tab (between “Classes” and “My Info”).
Select “Sign Up Now!”.
Payment. Unlike Adult Open Division classes, Workshops require full payment upon enrollment.
Attendance. Unlike Adult Open Division classes, Workshops are not available for drop-in; participants are expected to attend the full Workshop program. Prorating is unavailable for workshops.
Make-up class. One complimentary Adult Open Division class credit is available to dancers who miss one or multiple Workshop sessions during a Workshop program. Please email BBT with a request to acquire this credit.